Why does a promotion mean you have to move???

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Yep, Steve got a promotion at work and we are VERY excited for him! Of course, I've always known he is brilliant and that no one at work can do anything worthwhile without him. He's just that kinda smarty-pants. :)
He is now officially one of the "big dogs".

Between his Masters Degree and this new position, we now are calling him "Master Steve". Kind-of annoying at times, but hey...if it keeps peace in the family...

What I wonder is why a promotion and new responsibilities at work seem to always mean moving? I don't think I like this part. So where will we be going...?
Washington D.C.? Gag. I hope not.
Colorado? Hmmm. We do love horseback riding.
California? Uh-uh. Not this Southern gal.
Virginia? Why bother? Can't he just commute?
(Yeah, yeah, I know...not really.)

So where do we go from here?

How about...

RIGHT HERE!

APRIL FOOLS!!!

Steve did indeed get an amazing promotion and he is indeed one of the "big dawgs", but we are staying put. :) Hooray!!!

13 comments:

Karen said...

Ha ha ha.

kg said...

Oh my goodness, you had me there!

Anonymous said...

Oh I so got your number! I KNEW you couldn't and wouldn't be moving! ha ha! Though when you were listing off the possible places I thought...hmmmm, maybe she is for real? :)Thanks for the laugh, though I do send a BIG congrats to Master Steve. :)

Julie said...

Okay...you got me. However I was routing for CO, so you could be closer to me. :) Although if you moved to CA, I would be willing to move with you. :)

Quincy Sorensen said...

A prank from the moment I read the title. But congrats to Master Steve!

Shaunte' said...

When I read the title I thought "What, no!" I'm so gullable. Ya got me!! Congrats to Steve!

hope said...

You are so mean! I of course was sweating and thinking, "But I just got to know her better!!!" The April Fool's part was in the back of my mind, too. But as Sharon said, once you listed off possibilities...

Anyway, VERY glad to know you are NOT leaving us!!!

Kimberly Cone said...

That's a good one ;)

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

You goofball! I was so totally hoping for Colorado! It's quasi-close to me!!!! Boo for me, but yay for y'all! Congrats to Steve! ;)

4 Kids, 1 Me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenni said...

Had me going there for a minute - tell Steve congrats!

Sarah (and a few others) said...

AAAAAUUUGH!! SO NOT FUNNY!

April fools...grumble...

Jessica M said...

Confused for a moment, no the Herwigs are not moving, 'cause I know. Congrats to Steve! We're so excited for him!!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley