The day we brought her home from the hospital was on my birthday. I thought she was the best gift I had ever received. Now...she is one of the three best gifts. My first gift. I always tell her that I've loved her longest and I'll love her forever.
This year, B turned 11. How did that happen?!
One more year in Primary. One more year in Elementary school.
She's had lots of changes this past year...lots of firsts. Some have been easy, some not...but she's held up through it all. She is a good kid. She can be super-sassy and super-grumpy and irrational and all that jazz; but so can I. ;) If I dwell too long on how quickly my B is growing up, I'll simply begin to cry...and I really don't want to take the time to clean my contacts...so I won't dwell. And crying is silly anyway. I love watching her grow and see a glimmer of the "real person" she will become. (I tell her she's almost a real person, and she rolls her eyes and reminds me that she already is "real". It's our joke.)
So now there's talk of boys (not anytime soon, thank you very much!) and leg shaving (she's always stealing my razor so I bought her a way cute one) and make-up (dream on, B...embrace the lip gloss) and clothes/shoes (we swap shoes all the time now) and "real" bras (she has almost outgrown MINE...sad, just sad). Steve's head is spinning, but he's getting used to it. Good thing, 'cause K is hot on B's trail. Growing up happens so fast when you're observing and attempting to savor the moments. The girls don't see that yet. They KNOW that growing up takes FOREVER. :)
B had a friend sleep over for her bday this year. Low key and completely enjoyable. They kept to themselves most of the time (except when they were hungry) until Twister came into the picture. Of course I was nominated as the spinner for EVERY SINGLE GAME. But they were hysterical so it was worth losing laundry/cleaning time.
Oreo blizzard ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. :)
My bday started a little early.
Haircut on Saturday...
I lost about 10 inches and 4 pounds. ;)
Not to mention that she straightened my hair. I haven't used a hair brush in years. I usually just pick through my hair then throw it up in a messy ponytail. My hair and layers had gotten so long that it wouldn't even hold my wave anymore. Not. Attractive. I haven't had so much as a trim in 15 months. Pathetic, I know. And wow, was I due! I was embarrassed to go out in public with my mess. I was seriously overdue for a good pruning.
Now once I wash my hair, it will revert back to Medusa-style...but maybe I'll invest in a straight iron. What do you think?
Mom and dad came over to give me bday love and babysit. What would I do without them?
Then dinner with loving, beautiful, and dear dear friends.
We literally laughed so hard that I was crying and our husbands were embarrassed...but it was great fun. I am going to miss this face so much. Thank goodness for unlimited phone services, texting, and email.
My only criteria for my actual birth"day" is that I have candles to blow out. Over the years, candles have been stuck in many treats from sweet to savory...but it's always exactly what I request. I love how Steve can make candles work in ANYTHING. Hys.Te.Ri.Cal.
This year wasn't too much of a stretch. After B's ice cream cake, I really didn't want more desserts all over the place so I asked for a dark chocolate 100 calorie Betty Crocker microwave cake. Easy. Small. Perfect. Thanks family for indulging me...as always. :)






14 comments:
LOVE the hair!
Happy Bday!!! Cute hair!
I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I missed it, I'm so sorry, i want to cry. Your hair is absolutely glamorous.
Dana, LOVE LOVE LOVE the hair! You look absolutely gorgeous! What a great birthday present...maybe I should ask for an actual hair style too! LOL!
Hope you had a wonderful day!!
Happy Birthday! Looks like it was a good one!
Happy Happy Birthday once again - Your hair looks darling! Hope you had a good day - will send your "present" with Katie
Happy Happy Birthday!!! And I love, seriously, the hair cut. I also just whacked mine off and, ahhh, lost 10 lbs instantly.
I hope you had a great day today! Have I told you how incredible your brownie soup is? Really, it's amazing. I'll call and wish you happy bday in person (even though I'll be late in doing so...) tomorrow.
Full birthday post, hope you had a great day! I'm still laughing from Saturday night, very fun night out!
Sorry I am so late at saying "Happy B-day!" It's been a loooong weekend. I am glad you had fun and that you have such dear friends that take you out! Happy Birthday once more!
Happy birthday to you both... and I LOVE your hair!!
Dana, you just looked so pretty on your birthday. I think your new style is here to stay, and please do get the straight iron. Also, I can't believe how grown-up B seems. I am glad you both had a happy birthday.
Happy belated B-day! Glad you had a good one and I LOVE the hairdoo!
You better love us no matter what! :)
-B
Post a Comment