Fabulous ideas and distractions...how to make them work for you.

Friday, July 17, 2009

How do you merge ideas and life's busy-ness?
Just do things when you can. Don't stress and don't get discouraged. Fun ideas should be just that...fun. If it starts to become a burden...back off. I've learned this the hard way. :)

So many times I have Blaire moments.
Remember Blaire from "The Facts of Life"? And how she would have "...another one of my faaabulous ideas!"? Not that I presume my ideas to be fabulous...but whatever. ;)
My Blaire moments happen frequently. Some nights I have trouble sleeping because my brain is just zooming. Many ideas never see the light of day, some I scrap before they leave my head into verbal form, some are just crap (for lack of a better word) even though I've tried and tried to make it work, some take me f..o..r..e..v..e..r to complete, but I usually know when one will work because I get a rush of excitement and I involuntarily do a little dance. Seriously, it's involuntary.

Anyhoo. So I had a Blaire moment months ago. About vinyl. And Mandi (check out her site if you haven't already, and yes she ships) cut everything in record time since I was so excited. Typically for me, I kept getting distracted and just didn't get things put together.
So now, 5 months later:

hanging right past our foyer, right before our family room


in our foyer


next to our kitchen table
(if you want me elaborate on how this works SO much better for me than your standard calendar, I'll be happy to oblige)


in lil man's room over his cars and trucks area
it reaches far into the corner...you know how boys are, especially ones called "Car Car"


high on the wall over his dresser/bookshelf


obvious :)


over lil man's bed...perfect quote for the end of a busy lil man's day


I still need to order a couple of these PRECIOUS jumbo jets from Mandi and I have this table that needs to be repainted. I've had the paint since February as well...and I've even ordered the vinyl, but I got distracted from that project too. Ergh. But I'm really excited about it, so maybe I'll make time this weekend.

AFTER Harry Potter, that is. :)

7 comments:

Stefanie H said...

Oh everything looks so cute! Mandi really does do a great job with Vinyl!! I'll have to blog all of the wonderful things she's helped me with once I get my next project from her done ;) haha

Julie said...

Poor Carter...still doesn't have anything on his calendar. I guess it's okay since Steve doesn't either. LOL!

hope said...

Those are great!! I have been pondering having one made for the beam that stretches across the middle of my house along the kitchen and dining room. I haven't dived into the vinyl phase just yet, although I love having words around my house!

Mandi said...

Dana, they turned out GREAT! You were right about the blue window frame... I might have to get that paint color from you to use for one in my office. Do you mind if I snag the pictures to put on my site?!

Quincy Sorensen said...

Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Those look great!

Natalie said...

You finally posted these cute vinyl projects, looks great!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley