Where have the last 24 days gone?!
They must have flown by, hidden in paper and bows and bags and tags and cookies and goodies and carols and music and laughter and hustle-y bustle-y moments.
And here I am once again...surrounded by the warmth and beauty of Christmas lights, the soft background music courtesy of the Martins and the Gaither Vocal Band and Alabama's "Christmas in Dixie", the always necessary garbage bag for bits and pieces of wrapping paper, the thrilling joy and motivating peace that only belongs to this one night a year.
I sit and am, as always, amazed at the love Jesus offers me.
My husband, my daughters, my son, my parents, my brother, my extended family, my friends (near and far), my faith, my home, my everyday blessings, my unnoticed miracles...all freely offered, given...and I blissfully receive. Never can I reciprocate these gifts. Only every day can I attempt an appropriate portion of gratitude. I'll fall short...I am me, after all. But I will apologize, and try again and again and again. And it will be accepted...again and again and again.
Merry Christmas to all.
May this glorious season embrace each of us in a warm and comforting hug of happy. May little voices echo giggles and laughter. May loving company fill homes with fun and new memories to record. May food hold fewer calories than listed. May garbage cans hold more bags than possible.
~Have yourself a Merry little Christmas~
~Let you heart be light~
~From now on all troubles will be out of sight~
~And have yourself a Merry little Christmas now~
Tombstone
6 years ago






7 comments:
Merry Christmas to you too! We will see you in a couple of hours, but I'll take a minute to thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings in your blog. You have the ability to put into words what the rest of us cannot begin to express. Even if I am your mother, I recognize how very talented you are. Well . . . I must finish getting ready for the trek. Can't wait to see the sparkle in the eyes of B, K and lil man as they show us what Santa brought. We are looking forward to all the excitement and warmth that we will share in your home. My wish for you today would be some time for you to get a couple of hours of sleep AND the blessing of tasting your food. See you soon. Mom
Merry Christmas!!! You're the best!
Merry Christmas! Much love to all of you! Wish we were there!
Merry Christmas!!! You are a lot deeper than I am. I started with a nice post, and then since i started it over 24 hours ago... I ended with all the gift craziness that happend today as well as last night's nice post... I didn't do pic's yet. So at least it's not as long as normal - for me.
Your Mom is so right. You do have a gift with words. You can make us laugh and cry. You are awesome!!!
I'm trying to figure out how to put some pictures on my blog as an album. Any help? Email me your phone number. We can chat!
Oh I def want an ornament, but seriously, no rush. If your holiday madness is like ours, if its June (or October) I really wouldn't blame you. I'm just excited to get one, they are SO cute!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment