It's a potty and I'll deny if I want to...

Monday, October 27, 2008

I've tried food incentives, big boy underwear incentives, sticker incentives, positive reinforcement, praise, ignoring...you get the picture.
It's not like he doesn't know what to do.
Some days he'll tell me a few times that he needs to go potty...and he will.
Some days I'll ask if he wants to go potty, and I get a polite: "No tanks."
I finally found what excites him, though...

Taking a picture and doing a "Did a pee-pee!" dance.




He loves it. And it's pretty funny to see him get so excited to do the dance.
A couple of times he's told me to get the camera and then goes over to his potty.
We've tried the regular potty, but I think he thinks it's a joke.
So what now?
Just be patient and let nature run it's course, so to speak...
or force the issue?
I, personally, am still content with the way things are...but I realize I'm still living in the world of "he's my baby". It's my happy place. I should be allowed to live here as long as I'd like, right?

Doses of reality are not welcome.

7 comments:

AnnaLee & Roger Tillman Family Proclamation said...

What a cute boy! Yes stay in his little world as long as possible. They bring us so much love and the part of Joy we all long for. The scripture comes to mind: "Men are that they might have Joy." That is definately your happy place. Go for it girl!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy what you wanna enjoy and when you are both ready, you'll know!
Besides Heath may be potty trained now (it was frustrating)but he prefers the great outdoors to the toilet any day! Now that's my new thing to break, ugggghhhhh! Boys are just harder (at least with mine they were)! Go figure! So I say enjoy your happy place while you can! :)

Jessica M said...

Potty training is the devil. If the dancing works, go with it.

I had fun doing the super catch-up on your blog. Your Tate farms pictures were fun! The blush disaster made me gasp. Bad! And I am completely jealous that I did not go see HSM 3 with y'all! Seriously! Maybe I'll pretend that Hailey REALLY wants to see it and drag her along with me. Yeah...

Anonymous said...

You have restricted my comments by putting your "no reality comments" disclaimer. So there!!

Dawn, said...

Both my boys were late trainers, too! Have you tried letting him sink the cheerios or frootloops? We would toss a few of these in the water and both our boys were ALL about sinking them, if you know what I mean, giggle!

Beth said...

It's not like he'll be going into kindergarten in a diaper, so who cares if he's potty trained right now! I wouldn't push it unless I was just sick of the dookie. :)

Quincy Sorensen said...

You are having much more "fun" potty-training than I ever did. The pee-pee dance cracks me up!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley