We met the new ruler of Narnia, watched a battle unfold, wept to see dear Aslan again, and fell in love with a mouse named Reepacheep.
We LOVED this movie! No spoiler alert is necessary. A couple of differences, but the movie stands alone.

And now that we have "daddy tested, mommy approved" this flick, we'll be taking B to see it soon. She is obsessed with seeing this movie, so I am grateful it was cringe-less. The worst part (aside from the battle scenes, but what can you do? that is part of the story) is that some of the characters say "shut up" frequently. Most of the time it is in jest, but all the same...no little ears from my household need the temptation. B will come through like a rock star and not even want to say the "I don't think so, 'cause if I hear it you will see more of the wall next to your bed than sunshine" phrase. K will be so tempted to say it just because she's not supposed to that she'll spark an argument just to "slip up" and say it. (You think I'm kidding?) Little man just repeats everything and why would I take my 2-year-old to this type of movie anyway?
Good times at the Monoco.
We totally snuck in chips and salsa from Chiles. It was so good. And smuggled food tastes even better in the balcony. Seriously. It may not be scientific, but I stand by it. The down side is that my new purse will smell like our contraband for the next 3 days. (Yeah, I have a purse that easily houses two containers of salsa, a takeout bag of chips, a bag of gummi worms, Swedish Fish, and a Propel bottle....so what?) :)
Babysitter paid (we love our Cassie!), kids going to bed (finally, but it is a Friday), and a dark chocolate peanut butter cup from the Chocolate Crocodile calling my name.
I think those are blessings 7-10 (if you include the date, which I most definitely do).
Blessing #11 ... ? Diet starts tomorrow and I am praying it will be successful.
Size 6, here I come!






10 comments:
I would definitely say that your "blessing cup" runneth over!! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Glad you had a nice night. I love Chili's too. I think I'll have to try that trick. Hope things are getting better over there.
You always make me laugh. I loved the breakfast in bed account, still chuckling. And WHYYY is everyone seeing Prince Caspian without me??? Glad you liked it. Can't wait to see it!
What a great date night!!! =)
Sounds like a great date night! Must have missed you at Chili's as we date nighted there as well. We did Prince Caspian for FHE - Katie says Caspian is hawt.
uh... hello - this post was from May 16th and today is the 30th. So whats up with that? Just because the girls get time off from school for the summer that you should get time off from blogging?
Olley, Olley, Oxen Free - Dana come out and play - you haven't posted in like FOREVER (well for you anyway!)
Sounds like a great date!!
Sooooo, when ya gonna post again? I think it's been long enough!!! :)
I'll have to see that one! I'm glad you had a fun date, Dan and I will have to try that some time :)
Post a Comment