America's Next Top Model

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The other day K was channeling her inner Heidi Klum.
She thought it was great fun to offer her best facial expressions and then describe each one.
For anyone who knows K, that is the funny part.
This child wears her emotions not only on her sleeve, but down her front, on her back, down one leg and up the other. She's even been known to have them braided in her hair and stuck between her teeth. Anyhoo...

One day we'll look back on these expressions and have some sappy, sentimental moment of nostalgia; but for now, we see these on an hourly basis...and most of the time there is an ulterior motive behind the positive ones and a scary occurrence behind the negative. Don't get me wrong, I love my K. She can be the sweetest, most compassionate little helper I can imagine (and it should go without saying that the kid can entertain), but there are those times...oh those times...when she just feels the universe is out of balance and must do her part to put things right. So if we've had a good K day, then watch out for tomorrow...

The following expressions are described by K herself (with some Mommy comments thrown in for good measure). Peruse at your own risk...

happy. (A bit cheesy, but this is the K we long for an a bad day.)


ewww yuck. (Usually seen when little man is stinky or she has seen her sister's socks or underwear; and it doesn't even matter if they are clean and folded...I'm telling you...issues.)


surprised, or "for me?!" (Believe it or not, this is usually a genuine reaction. She's just a tad over the top at times. I think that may be an understatement.)


funny. (Okay, this one actually is overdone. Whew, I'm glad there's at least one.)


"that's even funnier!" (She's just a nut. What can I say?)


"for you". (I think she should have added: "and don't forget how cute I am 'cause that's really your treat", but I'm sure she was trying to be modest...my eyes are now rolling.)


frustrated, or "oh come on!" (Normal face on a normal day, but we always hope it vanishes quickly because it will soon be followed by...)


mad. (hmmmm...Very deceiving. K's mad is nowhere ever this cute. It's actually quite frightening. Maybe that's an understatement too... The fullness of K's wrath wreaks havoc & cataclysmic events & causes widespread panic for all unfortunate souls within a two mile radius. There, that is much more accurate.)


scared. (Again...too cute. Usually K's scared also comes with a healthy serving of crocodile tears and verbal crying that surpasses the sound barrier.)


"aren't I sweet?" (Yes, K is, in fact very sweet...when she so chooses. Aahhhh...I love those days.)


"i'm sorry." (I see this face more than my own. K may tend to blow things a bit out of proportion, but she is always immediately oozing with "sorry" and "really I am" and "sorry sorry sorry" and "can I still count today as a good day?"...but remember, these seemingly innocent sentiments are usually accompanied by minor shrieking that measures at least a 4 on the Richter scale. But I'm not complaining...at least she feels guilty. Now if I could only get her to work on feeling remorse without the rest of us feeling the sonic boom...)


Disclaimer #1:
I do indeed love my K. A lot! Really I do. For real!
These captions are merely done out of love and with good-natured teasing.
They will also serve as a reminder one day of what remarkable parents we are to have made it through these "phases". :)

Disclaimer #2:
I do indeed equally love my other daughter, B. I would have gladly given time to tease and harass her as well, but she politely declined my offer.

Disclaimer #3:
I do not harshly judge my children. I simply try to find a bright side (and for me that's humor if it can be found) when one or all of them temporarily slip over to the dark side.

10 comments:

Dahnelle said...

What a fun post! *furiously takes notes*;-)

I love little people's expressions. I'll have to try and post the "angry eyes" sometime.

Anonymous said...

Yup, I have seen many of those faces before :) I got many of those when i held her when she was a baby,Can't believe how much they grow and how quickly, but they always have a personality from the start!

BTW: the pics of tys and I are done with the timer on my new tripod Santa bought me ;) I'll have to show you how to do the timer, just bring your camera on over sometime.

Anonymous said...

That's the K that we all know and love. I should have taken a picture of her "I stubbed my toe" face last week. That was an especially espressive one. Love you, K-boo!

Anonymous said...

Too funny. She is SUCH a drama queen...maybe Hollywood will pay big bucks for her "skills" someday and if you're lucky K will remember the "little people"! Once again your writing is phenomenal. (Yes, I'm jealous. Very jealous.)



There. Happy now?

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

What a little diva...my Little K is a lot like that...I bet they would be great friends! =)

Btw, is that your Christmas tree in the background?!?

Stefanie H said...

aww she's so cute haha. But is it bad of me that the whole time reading, i was wanting to fix that strand of hair that rebeled and found its way Over her hair bow? Pesky hair strand.

Birdie said...

I love the mad one. No child looks that cute when they are truly mad. If she looks that cute when she's angry can I have her? HAHAH!

Jessica M said...

Adorable! She is such a pretty little girl, even when she's making a mad face.

hope said...

Love it!! Love it!! LOVE IT!!

BTW... Glimpse at my blog!!!

Lacey Freeman said...

Haha, what a good post. Sounds like Lexi..she is either way up here or way down low and moody...just depends and you never know what you're gonna get with her!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley