Our church just finished with our annual Christmas Festival we offer to the community.
It has hundreds of nativities, snow villages, a fantastic electric train, beautiful trees, photo ops, an amazing live nativity that leaves you weepy, gingerbread cookies that are to die for, and a concert that literally leaves you with goose bumps while it takes your breath away.
So if you're wondering where I've been for the past couple of weeks...
the Festival has taken over my life. After literally hundreds of hours, months of planning, and a week and a half of family time sacrificed, I can now move on to other projects.
The most important one is to finally get my own home decorated for Christmas!
I love this holiday more than any other time of year. It is my heart. I am so grateful for an opportunity to offer others a moment to reflect on our Savior's birth. I love and absolutely desire the special warmth the spirit of Christmas fills in me. How could I make it through the year without such a witness of our Savior's love?
The Festival this year was about remembering what Christmas is really about.
No matter how busy we are, no matter what we make our priority, no matter how much fun "things" can be...Christmas is our sacred time to take a moment to let ourselves feel the depth of meaning of what really matters. What matters? Our time with loved ones...our relationship with our Father in Heaven...our ability and motivation to serve others...our need to enjoy and appreciate our lives.
Of course Christmas is fun! Of course we all like to revert to childlike ways in the best possible ways! Christmas offers us that as well. What a magical time of year!
Just a few pictures of what's been keeping us busy:
I wish I had pictures of the live nativity. It is amazing.
I wish you could hear the unbelievable beauty of the choir.
But no matter...we all can still relish the spirit of Christmas and take joy in remembering the birth of that tiny and perfect baby. Just take a minute to relax from the hustle and bustle. Take out your Bible. Find some Christmas music. Kneel down with gratitude. Live each day with joy in your heart and home.
Merry Christmas!






6 comments:
The pictures don't really do the Festival justice! To all you blog-readers out there in cyberspace: mark your calendars for the first weekend of December 2008 to experience the Christmas Festival. You won't be sorry. May everyone have a joyous Christmas and a blessed New Year!
I loved having a small (very small!!) part in helping with the festival this year. I loved seeing my hubby dressed up as a shepard. I always love the choir and found myself wiping away tears several times during some of the songs. You guys did an amazing job. Thanks for the sacrifices you made to pull this off.
I'm glad you took pics, I never got any so I may have to bum yours for scrapbooking!
Wow! Everything looked incredible, so wish I could have seen it in person. Obviously you out did yourself again. It was so good to hear your voice the other night!
Dana,
It was fantastic! Really amazing. Your hard work really paid off. It's all so professional looking. Your talents amaze me.
Dana,
It was fantastic! Really amazing. Your hard work really paid off. It's all so professional looking. Your talents amaze me.
Post a Comment