Why oh why oh why oh why...?

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I will not even begin to bore you with my "are you sure you're not exaggerating?" list of things I need to do today. Let's just say I really didn't need anything else added to it.
As I sit and roll my eyes, I try to find the humor in the past hour. . . . Nope, can't find the humor yet. So if, after reading the following, you feel so inclined, please encourage me to laugh through it. This misery does indeed love company.

Here's the story, short and to the point...
I'm getting ready.
I hear little man and overgrown puppy playing nicely.
I continue to complete my morning tasks.
I hear silence.
(How can one hear silence? Trust me, it is deafening.)
I quickly enter room occupied by little man and overgrown puppy.
I hear crackling.
I realize something is amiss,
but am unsure of what is transpiring.
Little man hands me a sucked on pill.
My heart drops to my stomach, which is immediately nauseated.
I check little man's mouth for any tell-tale signs of pill-suckage.
Yay! We're clear!
I still hear crackling.
What IS that?!
Overgrown puppy comes trotting around the corner...crackling.
Overgrown puppy has a silver package in her mouth.
Overgrown puppy is forced to give up the fun, crackling toy.
After inspection, it becomes apparent that overgrown puppy
has eaten 8 Ex-lax pills.
A call to the vet quickly follows.
Overgrown puppy must drink Peroxide to induce vomiting
(I think not, thank you very much),
or must let the meds work through her system.
Overgrown puppy is now spending the day outside.

Oh well (big sigh), our back yard did need fertilizing.

11 comments:

Stefanie H said...

hahaha. Thats so sad. Poor puppy haha.

kg said...

Good luck!!

Julie said...

Wow...never a dull moment at the Herwigs! What a curious pup. Never hurts to clean out the system once in awhile! LOL!

Anonymous said...

As long as your dog doesn't circle the grounds when poopin'...you're good, makes clean up easier (my dog needs this advice)! I feel your pain! :)

Mandi said...

Oh Dana... I'm so sorry. But I have to say I did get a good laugh out of the story. Good luck with the clean up! :)

Bama Holcomb Family said...

I am so sorry, Dana. I had experienced major indoor cleanup from both our dogs last week. No ex-lax pills were involved... just too many apples given to them from the kids. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

You have just given me yet another reason to NEVER EVER get a dog!

Lisa said...

Dana, Dana, Dana....I second Jen's comment!! Sounds like a LOT of EXTRA work!!! I think I will stick to stuffed animals for pets!!

Leslie said...

Oh my gosh! Are you sure you're not making all this up?? LOL You're really making me look forward to Sydney's toddler years with our dog.........Ahg!!!!!!

Lisha said...

I thought it was funny... only because the dog can go outside and doesn't have to stay in the house! And Emma wonders why I won't let her have her two dogs she has been dreaming about!!!

Lacey Freeman said...

hahahaahaha. that is definately a story to remember! but, at least it was the puppy that ate it and not carter! he is such a goober and has gotten too big! i love the faces...looks like my little man...he is full of goofy faces and grins but you gotta love it!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley