Good idea? or Just an excuse to alliterate?

Sunday, September 23, 2007

I've just had another one of my brilliant ideas...
(anyone remember Blaire from "Facts of Life"?)

You know how Kim has her Macro Mondays and her Fun Fridays, and Hope has her Grateful Thursdays (although I meant to ask her to change it to Thankful Thursdays because I LOVE alliteration!)? Weeeelllllll, I was thinking I could do a post called Friday's Food. Fridays are hard post days for me and this would give me a topic without having to really think about it. I could even type up a few at a time and save them for when I need to post. It is also pretty much a guarantee that I'll share recipes instead of forgetting, and then just reaping all the benefits from the rest of you. It could also help me to organize my recipes...which are unorganized to the point of frightening. And finally...it is alliterative. Oh, how I absolutely adore alliteration!

So what do you think? Friday's Food?
Or not so much?

8 comments:

Stefanie H said...

Hey! Good Idea!! But i just wanted to say that I just got home from helping Jessica in Nursery today and your little guy was SOOOOO cute! I'd never met him before... he was SO well behaved:)

Lisa said...

I think that's a good idea! We should all get together once a month and bring our fave dishes w/recipes to share....

Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTELY!!! I'm all about stealing everyone else's recipes...it makes my job that much easier! (oh, and I don't remember exactly what secret recipe I wanted.....did it have apples in it? I know it was a dessert and you said your mom made it for people to buy....and no, I don't really expect you to go publishing secret family recipes on your blog....but maybe I could have a few minutes alone with your dog??)

Leslie said...

Sounds yummy!!!!!!!!

kg said...

Love it, I also like "food for thought" what you used yesterday. And FYI I made the soup today...cooking in the crock while we were at church and it was so yummy this afternoon! And we have lots of left overs for this week! Looking forward to some of your pasa recipes :)

Lisha said...

Sounds yummy to me! We had Santa Fe Soup for lunch/dinner today after church... a huge hit! Especially since I mixed it up last night and threw it in the crockpot this morning, and it was nice and ready when we got home from church!

I didn't realize (well, remember) you had 'you might be a mom if...' on your blog, haha, I was just eating breakfast yesterday when we had the fun milk/cereal experiences! But, you love me, so you'll forgive me the oversight! :)

Ang said...

Lovin it!

hope said...

Okay! Okay! I will change it. I love alliteration, too. I just love the word grateful better than Thankful. Just my weirdness.

Love the Food for thought as well! And I totally think we should get together and have a recipe potluck!! Oh, and if you want to organize recipes, I am in process of organizing my own as well. I have too many!! We can have a recipe scrapbooking day, with swapping and such!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley