Day 2...and the water's still great!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

After about 100 pictures of the kids playing in the water,
I found a new friend, Wilma, sitting on the rocks. She was very polite and sat still for all my pictures. Then...


She introduced me to her husband, Fred.
Oh, he was a charmer, for sure.


All too soon, Wilma had to fly home to check on the kids...
and Fred stopped to get a bite to eat before joining her.
(Talk about your fast food.)


The Hobie Cat was a big hit. Even lil man stayed perfectly still so the guy in charge didn't have a heart attack with a three-year-old trying to jump overboard.


B was gracious enough to wait so lil man could go first. I don't think she was disappointed that she got a ride with her daddy all to herself.


Those of you who know Steve, know how much he loves sailing. Once the guy took them out for the first ride, he entrusted the sails to Steve for the rest of the time. I was happy to frolic in the water with the kids while Steve took the Hobie out by himself.
That man came back relaxed and happy.


We eventually moved from the beach to the pool.
Who doesn't love a water slide?!





~
The grounds here are GorJUS!
After lunch and a rest, we went for a stroll.
~
The kids made some new friends.

~
Did I mention it's gorgeous here?
~
I LOVE the trees! They are crazy with personality.
~
I want one of these in my backyard.

~
Branches everywhere you turn! It's a tree climber's paradise.

~
Seriously...everywhere you turn. Big, beautiful, crazy trees all over the place! It's too fun.
~
And yet another. Just crazy lots of amazingly glorious trees!
~
Stumbled across this fun find behind one of the older buildings on the property. I wish the picture did this garden justice. It just was huge and beautiful and smelled yummy!
~
Then we stumbled upon this fun find a few minutes later...
I imagine this man dreaming the same words over and over: "This is the life."
~
Yep. It is. :)

8 comments:

kg said...

I'm enjoying all these pictures! That huge bird! And those trees....I would love to take some pictures of those!! Glad you're having fun.

Sandra said...

Thanks so much for sharing your daily adventures! Such wonderful memories for the kids of this special bacation. And, through your blog, I feel like I am there with you!

Julie said...

Looks like such a great & relaxing time! Glad you are able to update everyone on all the fun ya'll are having!

Stefanie H said...

WOW those trees are.. MAGICAL looking!! :) I wanna goooo!

Anonymous said...

The Spanish moss is making me home sick for Jesup! Glad y'all are having fun and I LOVE those trees! This post makes me wanna go have a beachy fun time!

Quincy Sorensen said...

These are fantastic pictures! Where are you, by the way? I love the sailing ones.

Becki said...

I love those trees too. How cute that you named the birds, that's one of the reasons I like you. :) Cute post!

Natalie said...

I'm so proud of you for posting while you are on vacation. What a fun place, it looks like a great place to vacation!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley