My girl is 9-years-old today.
I love this kid.
She tries me, she tests me, she even tortures me, but she also brings such a light and life.
K loves to sing, act, dance, play Web-Kinz and other games on the computer, ride her bike, paint her fingernails and toenails, shop, is VERY interested in fashion and what is in style, ADORES any movie-musical (especially from Disney), favors "Sonny with a Chance" over "Hannah Montana" these days, loves the piano, only enjoys school for the social aspect it brings, yet is still smart as a whip, thrives in the Enrichment Program at school, is learning to try new foods but still loves almost anything chocolate and thin crust cheese pizzas, thrills over movies at the Monaco, is learning how to cook, already talks about dating when she turns 17 (help me now), loves her dog and usually takes care of her like she is supposed to, LOVES to talk on the phone (wonder who she gets that from?), wants to travel specifically to Hawaii, is constantly asking when we can go on vacation, many many many more things K enjoys...but I have to mention what she is best at: being a big sister to lil man.
~
Lil man adores his K! He asks for her when he wakes up and can't wait to get the girls from school in the afternoon. She can convince him to do just about anything. And when she is in the vortex of one of her fits...he is the one who with a kiss and a "Don't me sad." can turn the storm.
~
This is the first birthday that K has had to spend at school. Usually, her bday fall during Spring Break, but not this year. I plan on surprising her at lunch (I'll pick up something fun) and then we'll have a small family party this evening. The official party is Friday...American Idol. Anyone surprised? :)
~
Happy Happy #9, my Kay-Boo!
I love you so much...even when you drive me past the point of insanity. I know your zest and passion and gumption will serve you well in life. I know you are going to succeed and succeed big. Just don't forget to reign in those amazing emotions you have. You are strong and smart and you CAN learn how to control them. Heavenly Father sent you to us as a perfect little person...therefore, I know you have the potential to be better than even you can imagine. Don't get frustrated, don't get discouraged. Take on this challenge just like you attack everything else you want to do. You are fierce. Always remember how much you are loved and that we trust in your ability to make things wonderful for yourself and all those you are around.
~
Have a fabulous and blessed ninth year, baby girl!
Go get 'em!






9 comments:
K, you have brightened our lives since your arrival. We are your biggest fans [next to your Mom and Dad]and can't wait to see where all your talents take you in life. Hugs and kisses from your Goppie and Poppa.
What a fun and sweet girl you have! Happy Birthday K.
Happy Birthday K!! I can't believe you're 9! Is it any wonder why you & I get along so well...you're a girl after my own heart! I only wish we lived closer, b/c you & I would be best pals! :) Love you! Lots of hugs!!
Happy Birthday K! You are such a sweet girl with a smile that brightens the gloomiest of moods!
Happy B-day, K! Being 9 is great!!! XOXOX From our family!
Happy, Happy Birthday K!!!
Happy, happy birthday you cute, adorable girl!
Such a beautiful gal!!
I so can't believe our babies are 9 this year!
Post a Comment