Words of Yesteryear (or day)

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Little man used to say: luf
Now he says: love
~
Little man used to say: Babee
Now he says: (her name even with the "L" sound...
for those of you who know her actual name)
~
Little man used to say: benkie
Now he says: blankie
~
Little man used to say: pookie
Now he says: puter (computer)
~
Little man used to say: Mommy, where are you?
Now he says: Mommy, where's Daddy? (grrrrrr)

Funny things:
~
Little man gave me a running hug and said: "Oh Baby!"
~
Little man was (ahem, excuse the graphic) picking his nose and I asked him what he was doing ... he replied:
"I just picking my nose off."
~
Oreos are an all-time favorite with little man. He conviscated a box, hid it behind his back, and told me: "Don't lock the pantwy." I took back the box, gave him one, and put it back in the pantry which I then did indeed lock. Little man falls to his knees, begins crying, and proclaims: "I loves my Oweos!" I take the box back out to give him one more (come on, do you blame me?) when he grabs it from me, runs to the living room, throws himself on top of the box, and kisses it. (I did get the box back about 6 cookies later...don't judge.)
~
Little man wants to go "camping" (I use that word very loosely) again. I asked him what he wanted to do and he responded: "We wead stowies and eat smowahs." (And that is actually about all we do before the exodus back into the house begins.)
~
Little man loves his big boy underwear. He loves them so much he will wear mulitple layers at a time. He thinks this is exactly how his "unders" are supposed to be worn. (Who am I to correct that kind of assessment?)
~
This is what happens when you confuse your arms with your legs. He just could not figure out where to go from here.

~
It is obviously great fun to strip down to your underbottoms and roll a desk chair through the entire house to the kitchen table. He was so proud, that complete devastation would best describe the scene when I moved it back.

~
My favorite!
I love hearing little man say his prayers. It is the absolute best of everything. This is him saying: "...keep our bodies stwong."


I really try to enjoy all their changes and new phases, and not be sad about it; but honestly, I am going to really miss this one.

5 comments:

Beth said...

I love the oreos story. I would have done the same thing. Addie would eat her weight in oreos if we let her, she takes after Jarom.

Quincy Sorensen said...

Is Carter looking so much like Bradleigh, or am I making this up?

Stefanie H said...

AWW how sweet :) he really IS growing up fast!

Jessica M said...

The praying picture is my new favorite ever! It actually made me laugh out loud.

And HOW did I miss the free scoops??? Where was I???

Karen said...

Such a fun post. It's kind of sad to see them grow up. But it is exciting all at the same time.

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley