Choose to laugh, or cry every time.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's a good thing I love my son without reason or question.

"What is this?", you may ask. Don't you know?


Good guess. It is lots and lots of fingerprints.
And yes, they belong to the boy kid in the family.
But whatever could make those marks?
How about blush? Like an ENTIRE blush compact.

My poor couch and carpet. Oxi-Clean is miraculous stuff, though.

All that's left is a lovely pinkish tinge on the carpet.
Don't you just love momentos?

And why I thought big boy underwear would excite him into peeing in his potty is beyond me. Bonus is he looks seriously cute in his skivvies.


Why are my children wet...and happy about it?


Little man found the hose...and discovered how to turn it on.


I was thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to getting my camera-face soaked on this one.
He just doesn't care. No scruples at all. He'll totally douse you in a second.
With anything: the sprayer on the sink, a squirt bottle, a juice cup, bubbles.


I wondered why he had gotten so quiet at school the other day. Usually when I'm "trying" to help in K's class, he is a monster. Seriously, one time a teacher came down from the end of the OTHER hall to find out what the commotion was all about. Fortunately, she is a friend of mine and laughed it off. Unfortunately, not everyone cozied up to the joy that is my son. Another time, another teacher/friend heard him in the hallway and had to come see. I heard her before she rounded the corner: "Is that that Herwig kid?" Yep, it was him. And we were outta there.
Anyway...he was quiet because he had found my camera.
He has a future, no?


And finally...the face I look forward to every morning regardless of the drama from the previous day. I think it's the hair that really makes me heart swell.


Or maybe it's the goofy grin when he finally decides he still loves his Momma enough to push the grumpies aside.


Yeah, I laugh every time.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is never a dull day at your house! As for the hair . . . .like father, like son.

Quincy Sorensen said...

I think you may have a Van Gogh in your family, Dana. Those blush marks . . . applied with brilliant precision. :)

JT's Mommy said...

OH my... I would have died if I walked out and saw my couch and carpet like that. Good thing I have leather - I could just wipe it off (I think). And I agree with your mom on the hair - like father like son :)

Beth said...

Oh I love the sleepy face/hair pictures!!! I think I might have topped little man's mess... I dumped a whole plate of tortellini covered in tomatoe sauce on my tan rug last night!

hope said...

I love the hair!! That is too cute not to forgive!!

Anonymous said...

You totally made Chad laugh at the hair and the total wetness all over the porch.

If only your couch could talk...

Wendyrful said...

Sad... but I knew it as make up of some kind... I ws thinking lip gloss or something of that sort - I've seen it before! kids! you've just got to love them! ;-)

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley