I'll take Kim's suggestion and stick with my original title...even though it doesn't give me my alliteration fix. :)
Today's recipe is (drumroll please) PASTA! Oh yeah, baby. My sister-friend, Krista gave me a recipe eons ago called Spaghetti Pie. It was yummy, but (no offense, Krista...you know you're my girl and I love you) I made it even better. Oh yes I did just throw down that my recipe is better! So Krista, try it this way and let me know what you and Martin think. For the rest of you, if you like it...Yay! If you don't...blame Krista.
(I also changed the name. Just work with me, people. I love words.)
Spaghagna
(Get it? A cross between spaghetti and lasagna. It is SO good!)
2 cups shredded chicken (like the Sante Fe Soup, you can obviously use hamburger meat or even sausage...we're just poultry people)
handful diced onion
garlic, to taste
Oregano, to taste
1 jar spaghetti sauce, whatever your fave is
16 oz. Ricotta cheese (regular or fat free)
16 oz. sour cream (regular, lite or fat free)
2 tsp nutmeg
half box of linguine (I like the thickness better than spaghetti)
4 TBS butter
2 eggs, beaten
1-2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
1-2 cups mozzarella cheese
Boil your pasta...duh.
While pasta is boiling, saute'/sweat your onions and garlic in some EVOO until translucent.
Add chicken and sprinkle with Oregano. Once that looks and smells all yummified, pour in your spaghetti sauce. Cover and let simmer until you're ready for it.
In a medium bowl, mix your ricotta, sour cream, and nutmeg together. Oooh this is so good.
Once your pasta is drained and ready, and the other components are hanging out waiting to get together, melt your butter. Let your butter cool a bit or temper it with a little of your beaten eggs. (You do not want scrambled egg in this dish. I've done it...not so good.)
Now it gets messy. Dump your pasta in whatever casserole dish makes you happy. Pour the melted butter and beaten eggs over the pasta. Add the parm cheese. Combine until the pasta is all nice and goopy. (Incorporates best with your own little fingers...have fun, but don't burn yourself. I've done that too...also not so good.)
Spread the pasta goop around to cover the bottom of your dish. Next, layer the ricotta cheese/sour cream mixture. Then layer the chicken mixture. (You can layer as many times as you have room for. I usually just do one layer of each, but they are nice and thick that way. Oh happy tummy.)
Cover with aluminum foil and bake @ 350 for 30-45 minutes or until all nice and bubbly. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the pasta yumminess and bake until cheese is melted and to die for!
You know, it's probably a good thing I don't write recipes for a living. I obviously can't do that without "talking" too much either. Let me know if any of you try this one and how you like it.
Now I am starving! Off to find my Melba Toast...
Tombstone
6 years ago






7 comments:
sounds YUMMY!
YUM! I'm hungry right now!!! Totally going to try this :) Thanks!
YUM-O! We had Sante Fe soup last night--THE best taco soup EVER!!! I'm adding this one to my list for next week.
Can't wait to try it!!! Thanks.
Where's the picture? I'm a visual person. I need to know what it looks like! :)
Ok, so yes, I'm totally offended that you completely changed my recipe. And I won't tell Reagan cuz she would be crushed. Good thing I like you so much! But I must say I'm really excited to try it your way! Sounds yummy.
Post a Comment